Following the acquisition by Browshot, we have started integrating the Browshot API with Blitapp. This will allow Blitapp users to enjoy better screenshots and new features.
Users are being migrated to Browshot. You will receive an e-mail when your account uses the Browshot API. You will observe some differences after your account has been moved to Browshot. We will be updating this blog post with information about new features and changes in behavior:
- Wait Until Event has been removed. Browshot uses both OnLoad and onDOMContentLoaded.
- Wait is set to 5 seconds by default and can be increased to 30 seconds.
- Browser Height is the height of the browser window. You should set it to 1024 to simulate a regular window size. The height of the screenshot remains the height of the page, regardless of the browser height (up to 20,000px).
- Browser: choose Chrome, Firefox, or iPhone 12 as your browser. The iPhone has a fixed browser width and height, so these two fields are hidden if the iPhone browser is selected.
- Country: take screenshots from the USA, Germany, Australia, UK, Netherlands and Italy. Additional countries can be added. Contact us.
- Screenshot Size: take a screenshot of the entire page (Full page) or the visible browser window (Screen).
- Scroll is used with Firefox and screenshots of the screen only.
- Click on Element: click on any element on a page, such as a banner or consent popup.
- Hide Element: hide any element on a page, such as a cookie banner or ad overlay.
- Hover an Element: simulate a mouse over to show a tooltip or other additional content.
- If an error occurs with the screenshot, we will send an e-mail to the account owner.
- If the image file exceeds 10MB, the image is compressed to fit in the e-mail. The image saved in history remains the same.
- The captures page shows which screenshots are paused.